Saturday, February 14, 2009

Roses Are Red


For many years I could claim that the only time that Jim had ever given me flowers was prior to our marriage--it was even before we started dating. They were actually an apology for how badly he had teased me at a young adult dinner we had both attended. As for the ensuing years, I guess we didn't have enough money or he didn't know how much I would enjoy the gesture or something like that. Since he finally caught on, I'm lucky enough to receive a bouquet several times a year. He has even had them delivered to the school where I'm employed a couple of times, which has made the other females that work there a little envious. So this beautiful bouquet of red roses is the valentine he gave me this year. Thanks Jim, my best friend and husband. And Happy Valentine's Day to you and all who read this blog.

2 comments:

The Barlow Brigade said...

I love that he gives you flowers because the sure looks like a Window Box arrangement....they are beautiful. I actually got Valentines flowers sent to my work for the first time ever this year.......it took 10 years but he did.

tad said...

Way to go jim!!!