Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Day Late (and Probably a Dollar Short)


What with auditions for Thoroughly Modern Millie, meeting Emilee's (Joel's fiancee) parents, and performing with the Davis Master Chorale in concert yesterday, I'm a day late posting this birthday wish to Valerie. How well I remember those frightening hours after her birth--knowing there was something wrong with her, but not knowing what it was for sure. One of the most traumatic moments of my life was watching a medical helicopter taking my newborn daughter to Primary Children's Hospital. It turned out that she didn't have heart problems, but had ingested amniotic fluid into her lungs. After an almost two week stay in the newborn ICU, we got to bring her home just in time for Mother's Day--definitely my best gift ever! We loved that little baby and we love the grown up version of her, too. Happy birthday to a smart, funny, and loyal friend, daughter, sister, aunt, and wife--our Valerie Jean.

2 comments:

mrjsvalie said...

I was so cute, hee hee! Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Sammie said...

:)